Teaching Method

             Once Bu Gum asked me, what language teaching method I good at, what in my mind was Total Physical Response. It’s not only because I am a dancer, but it’s more because I am a kinesthetic person. I can more understand about the lesson the teacher teach using total physical response. So do when I teach students, I can be better in delivering the lesson using total physical response. There are several reasons why I can teach better using this method.
            First, I can explore more with my body movement while teaching. As a dancer, express something with dance or body movement is usual. That is why it is easier for me to teach using total physical response than other method. Second, I am not really good at speaking. Pak Pri has told me that our brain is like a storage which saves our stock of word in the right position. I believe with that, but when I have to speak something in front of the class, the word that comes out my mouth is not good. I think it is because I rarely speaking in English, so when I have to speak in English I lack of confident. On the other hand, when I have to do something with body movement in front of the class with a thousand people or even more, I feel free and confident. It happens because I love to do that. That is why total physical response is the method I good at.
From those two reasons, I conclude that teaching method that I good at is Total Physical response. Still, I will learn and integrate all the teaching method to improve my teaching ability.

0 comments:

Post a Comment