Making an Effective Teaching "VIDEO"


                “No way!” I said that when the first time I heard that the video teaching assistant for PETA assignment had to submit on Friday, 3rd December 2010. I couldn’t believe it at that time. One week for one video, sounds impossible. However, nothing is impossible. I proofed it already. Arlin, Umi, and I did a very good job.
                On Friday, a week before the video has to submit, Umi and I make a timeline. We decided to start to make the video on Monday. Unfortunately, I got sick and cannot go to campus. Eventually, we started making the video on Tuesday; means there are only 3 day to finish the video.
                I learned many things from the video (mine and others’ video). I saw what effective teaching means. Teacher has to be enthusiastic is one of many ways to make an effective teaching. It appeared in almost all the video. I do really agree about it. Totalities are needed as a teacher. Other things that I learned from making the video are I have to think the detail and read the viewers’ mind.
                Thinking about the detail means that sounds and effect is affected to the video. Zoom in or zoom out is needed to emphasize something. Read the viewers’ mind means that I have to think whether or not they get the message from the video. Do they get different message from it? Is the video clear enough? Those are questions that I have to think about it. Go to the link bellow to see my video.

7 comments:

zona iklim said...

hahah
lina thank for show me the amazing video in peta class
i like it
good jod.
you have combine a good music and your action well.

Nur Amalina said...

Thank you, Iik. I didn't sleep that night. I need more than 12 hours to edit the video. I was very surprise that many people like it. My Alaynism works huh? hahaha

Anonymous said...

I like your video. Good job!
In your reflection, I am interested in the word "totalities"... what does it means? people might misunderstand this word. do you mean that they should spend all the time for their students, i.e. teaching at school, tutoring after school, designing teaching method at night, preparing everything for teaching and arranging lesson plan before class, etc. Because, I see, it's really difficult to determine the limitation to what extent teacher should involve herself in students' lives.
The issue is just like students who have a family rivalry or broken home, come to teacher and share their problem. As teacher, instinctively, we want to listen to them, and if possible, we help them. However, I've had attended a workshop, that said, "Don't be too much in being involved with your student because you have your own family at home"...
That's the issue appear on my mind when I read your word "totality"...
Or this word might also mean that in class, teacher should focus on classroom, not to the other..

Umi Faridha said...

Lina,, I appreciate your job. You are a good leader :D

But, how about the revising video ?
When we will revise it ?

We have some comments on it, haven't we ?

Nur Amalina said...

dear faris,

My mom ever told be about their students. She said, "I love my student as much as i love you". She said that when i asked her about why she care her students so much. First time I was jealous, but teacher is also a MOMMY for the students. That's what i think.

Nur Amalina said...

Dear Umi,

Thank you, I am the president of Tatra Abhirama, hahaha...

Emmm, latter on maybe, hahaha.

Anonymous said...

Your video is a great masterpiece. Your struggle is very meaningful. hmm...i wanna respond to Faris' statement about "totality" based on workshop experience. I think we have to create the appropriate definition about that word. and the definition must be okay for us and family. hmm but i am not sure Lin if i have to love my students more that my future husband, hehe.. Ups i mean family

Post a Comment