Effective Teaching

In some ways that Pak Iwan used to teach effective teaching last Friday in classroom is effective, but some other ways are not effective. For example, when we were watching a video about effective teaching, actually I felt sleepy and not focus in watching it even it’s a good video. This situation also appears in other subject when I have to watch a video or only listening to the teacher. Maybe it’s my big problem. I cannot only sit, listen, and watch something without doing anything physically. I have to move and doing activities while learning. I think it would be good if we watch video and in the same time, we do some activities. I think there is a way to solve this problem.
However, there are also effective ways that Pak Iwan used while teaching last Friday. For instance, group activity. With this way I didn’t feel sleepy anymore. It is because I interacted with other students and I did some activities, such as read and discussed. I also love a moment when Pak Iwan shared his experience. I love that moment because sometimes the experiences that people said have some similarities with my experience, so I can get benefit of it by imitate the things they do to solve the problem. In that time, Pak Iwan gave me a lot of information for being a teacher. Other effective way that is used is relate the material in a real situation. The text that Pak Iwan gave and the way he moderate the discussion is very effective, I think. He gave opportunities for all students to speak about what they understand from the text.
Overall, I can understand the material that Pak Iwan taught. For additional, I like the way he deliver the material. His gesture and the way he speak is very natural but still in good organization. What I understand about effective teaching is not only the method that the teachers use but also the way he/she deliver the material.

0 comments:

Post a Comment